Pneumatiques 195 50 15

Toutes vos questions en partant des transmissions jusqu'aux goujons de roues
Règles du forum
Pour plus de simplicité, les règles d'utilisation du forum ont été revues et regroupées dans un seul et unique post.
Merci d'en prendre connaissance sans tarder en cliquant ici
Répondre
Rallye Danemark
Assidu
Assidu

Message par Rallye Danemark »

I swapped the wheels off my 1.9 rallye (195/50/15) with the ones on the 1.3 rallye(175/60 13).

When I drove the 1.3 rallye with the (195/50/15) and two people in the back I think the tyres scraped the rear wheel arches.. How can this be??? I thought that the rallye has wide arches like the 1.6 gti?? Is it becuase the shock absorbers are too old? or the arches are smaller on the 1.3?? :(

megastef
Habitué
Habitué

Message par megastef »

My Rallye was set with 185/55/15 when i bought it ( gti 1.9 wheels ).

The grip was awesome, and i never touched the arches with the tyres.

But the ratio was too high, so i changed them for 106 rallye wheels (14")

May be the shocks are a bit weak ???

Is the car lowered ? (rear suspension lower than usual ?)

Rallye Danemark
Assidu
Assidu

My Rallye was set with 185/55/15 when i bought it ( gti 1.9 wheels ).

The grip was awesome, and i never touched the arches with the tyres.

But the ratio was too high, so i changed them for 106 rallye wheels (14")

May be the shocks are a bit weak ???

Is the car lowered ? (rear suspension lower than usual ?)
I'm pretty sure it is not lowered. And when i got out of the car it looked like there was quite a lot of clearance at the back. It only scraped sometimes so maybe you are right the rear shocks maybe are a bit weak...damn this car is tired.. pretty soon I have replaced half the car:-/

Actually the wheels are from the GTI Grittith. They look really good.But for the sakes of looking original I'm thinking of using the 106 rallye wheels like I see a lot of you guys using.

megastef
Habitué
Habitué

Message par megastef »

Your can consider that question in two different ways:

You can keep the car's stock appearance, and then put the 13" white wheels, but these, even with 185 tires, will offer poor grip. It might be funny to drive, but not really efficient.

Otherwise, you can put a set of 106 rallye's wheels, in 14". The tire choice is wider this way, and you'll keep a close-to-stock appearance.

As i can see in many videos on the net, Danish roads seems attractive to get a ride on ;)

May be someday, i'll get there by car to discover the northern european countries. But i think i won't take my rallye there (my head joint is extremely weak :( )

Rallye Danemark
Assidu
Assidu

Your can consider that question in two different ways:

You can keep the car's stock appearance, and then put the 13" white wheels, but these, even with 185 tires, will offer poor grip. It might be funny to drive, but not really efficient.
I have to say I really noticed the difference in the ride. With the 13" wheels I could feel many bumps in the road. Whereas with the 15" wheels it was really smooth. I called my girlfriend on the motorway (who was driving behind me ine the 1.9) and both our speedometers were showing the same. 120kph....
Otherwise, you can put a set of 106 rallye's wheels, in 14". The tire choice is wider this way, and you'll keep a close-to-stock appearance.
I think this sound like the best option :ok:

As i can see in many videos on the net, Danish roads seems attractive to get a ride on

May be someday, i'll get there by car to discover the northern european countries. But i think i won't take my rallye there (my head joint is extremely weak  )
Denmark is very flat and there is not that much traffic really so it is fun to drive. The police mainly use motorbikes, and as headlights must always be on the are easy to spot ;)

Norway and sweden are beuatiful countries too. Perhaps I will take the rallye there one day. Maybe even I will make it down to one of your french rallye meets :D

Rallye Danemark
Assidu
Assidu

Ok I bought a set of 106 rallye steel wheels. Damn rusty with 185 60 14...They should do i hope :-)

Faboulus
Pilier de bar
Pilier de bar

Message par Faboulus »

The best is 185*55/14 ... ;)
http://www.faboulus.com

Suzuki 1100 GSXR de 1990

Répondre

Retourner vers « Trains roulants »